- Today is Tom Waits’ fake appreciation day
- Tough time in the early years for birdman
- Iranian Devo Cover band announces new tour dates
- WWII Japanese soldier stuck in lift since 1943, still thinks the war is still on
- Travelogue: Lisbon
- Death metal songwriters slaughter their last sacrificial goat
- Look at my doodle…
- Nuart festival: Stavanger
- Welcome to Stavanger
- Virtual assistants: are they really any good?
Tag Archives: international
With the Olympics on now we continue to be amazed by the freakish efforts of the athletes in breaking records and into nervous rashes when the doping tests swing by. Now I like to see the 100m sprint and the swimming (Go Aussie Go!) but these days there are no more big wins. No more are we seeing an athlete demolish their competition – that was done in the 80’s and 90’s. These days its all about shaving off the odd hundredth of a second from last year.
So, I’ve decided it’s time to do something new. We all assume that most of the athletes are more horse than human so let’s shake it up a little bit I say. Let’s create new sports! Sports where no one has the advantage, where everyone starts on the same level playing field.
Below I present to you my selection of Olympic sports I’d like to see mashed up:
#1: Underwater weight-lifting
#2:Long jump sumo
#3: Javelin and greco-roman wrestling
#4: Hurdle fencing
#5 Combative shot put pole vault